Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Self Hypnosis

I write these for no reason other than their metaphorical lament filled the empty space of my head suddenly, for no apparent reason, during meditations... i would like to keep track of the ebb and flow of my subconscious mind.

1.

sleepless shifting

tossing and drifting

towards the origin of the wind

that spot where spotless thoughts flood intelligence

complete and important with undeniable relevance

screaming and stifled

unfinished business

2.

everything

falls

apart

eventually

eyes leave the road to glance at eachother

retrograde rims shimmering cold against the blur of the pavement.

gestures exchanged like emotional currency passing between strangers

showing lust or aggression

eventually

apart

falls

everything

3.

swimming

my head swims in a sea of unrecognizable creatures

reeling

to reel one of these things to the surface, like a thought bursting through the current

it struggles to survive

always tangled in the line of communication.

4.

whats the statute of limitations

on crimes of the heart?

am i expected to pay

for 12 years of blessed shame?

leave me my lament and sorrow

its all ive got.

5.

nail me to a glass cross.

when it shatters

after the first nail is driven through

i can see my reflection in the broken pieces.

surface wounds

uncrucified



to be continued... when i get more time to meditate

No comments: